Internet Programming 1 - Course: Focus on Java Sockets
Internet programming 1 was the first out of four courses in the Internet programming course block of my education at the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences.
The goal was to learn basic programming on the Internet with focus on Java sockets.
Here you can view my solutions of the course assignments. Feel free to use and/or alter any code in order to suit you needs.
Select course assignments from the menu on the left.
- Java archive files (JAR)
- Regular expression (REGEXP)
- Client-server and peer-to-peer (P2P)
Start from HTML:
- Java Web Start
- High-level connections to specific servers (HTTP, FTP, Gopher etc)
Low-level connections to servers with different Java sockets:
- Stream sockets (TCP with Java's class Socket and ServerSocket)
- Datagram sockets (UDP, Java's Datagram class)
- Multicast sockets (UDP)
- Raw sockets (ICMP etc), Java Native Interface (JNI)
- Database connections with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- E-mail using Javamail
Media with Java on the Internet:
- Speech with Java Speech
- Sound using Java Sound
- Video using Java Media Framework (JMF)